Friday 2 May 2008

How many blogs does one person need?

Today sees the launch of this my third blog: Politico-mania. A place for me to comment (or rant) on all things political. A place for me to express those opinions that would not fit comfortably in a blog about my allotment or the world of the web. With not even my own girlfriend regularly reading my other blogs people will wonder why I am bothering with a third, whether the world really needs to hear the opinions of another political hack. I think they do.

I believe the majority of the UK population to be extremely politically naive, gullibly believing the trash spouted in the popular press. Whether this is getting swept along with the euphoria that swept Tony Blair to power in 1997, or the anti-immigration mantra that is currently on the pages of the right-wing press. There is always a need for more alternative opinions to be published, and not just those of the obnoxious far-right.

As for my political opinions, I am one of generation Thatcher (she resigned the day after my sixteenth birthday). She taught us that greed was good, capitalism was great, and the poor were just lazy. The woman talked crap and is the antithesis of everything I believe in.

2 comments:

Esteban said...

I was reading your webometrics blog when I found this political one, full of interesting ideas (like the other).

I am a PhD student / assistant lecturer in Spain. I belong to a Department of Accounting but as I wanted to research on Internet Studies, I decided to leave my natural field and turned into information science and webometrics.

Apart from that, I am quite passionate about politics, specially European and international politics, where I am quite involved.

Let´s keep in touch.

David said...

@Esteban
Thanks for the comment..

Unfortunately I never get the opportunity to post as often as I would like on either blog, and with the technology blog being more work orientated I can justify spending more time on that. I guess what I should really be doing is doing some political webometric studies...